History of our school
LEO Matriculation Higher Secondary School is run by the LEO Educational Society, (Regd. No.261/86) Registered under the Societies Registration Act. The Governing Board consists of eminent personalities from different walks of life.
The School started functioning in 1987 with a strength of 468. It become a ful-fledged Matriculation School in 1991 and was duly recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu. This institution was upgraded into a Higher Secondary School in 1992 affiliated to the State Board of Higher Secondary Education.
Today it has been transformed into a multi-storey building. At present the school has a student strength of 2500+ with 150 teaching and nonteaching 50 contingent staff.
The school takes the name LEO which explains its own aspiration.
- L stands for Life – a bright and prosperous life
- E for Enlightenment
- O for Orderliness and Outstanding discipline
Hence LEO aspires to give its pupils an effective training for a prosperous life through a sound system of education coupled with disciplined freedom.
Education does not end with the class room. The Motto of Leo Matriculation School is Grow to Serve. Children of Leo are taught the spirit of service, which alone will help them grow and light our world on every sphere.
Aims & Objectives
The school strives
- To train students to achieve excellence in academic, cultural and physical training.
- To inculcate in students, fundamental moral values of truthfulness, fearlessness and tolerance/
- To help students in imbibing an aesthetic sense, a love for natural and environment.
- To guide the students to think for themselves, to discover their latent talents and assist them to develop those talent faculties.
- To develop leadership and entrepreneurship qualities in students.
- To make students proficient not only in their mother tongue but also in other Indian and foreign languages.
- To assist students to develop attitudes to adapt to any country in the World.
- To develop a secular outlook.